2023 SUMMER READING PROGRAM at the Garnavillo Public Library
"FIND YOUR VOICE"
The summer program sign up begins June 1, 2023.
- The sign up for the summer challenge will begin on June 1st, 2023. Come into the library and sign up for the program and tell us how many books that you plan on reading for the summer program. Come check out all the grand prizes we have on display at the library for the 2023 program.
- Contracts will be available at the circulation desk. Librarians will fill out the information and then the child will sign the contract, the contract stays at the library.The reading log will also stay at the library and for every book that you read you will be given a sticker to add to the reading log page. Contracts must be completed by Saturday July 29, 2023 to have your name put in for the grand prize drawing in your reading level.
- There will be a BONUS / SPECIAL drawings this year – sign up for this every time you come to the library to check out books. We are planning on having some “Grab & Go craft activities” through out the summer that you take home and assemble.
- We are planning on having in-library programs that we are hoping can be held outside in the lot to the North of the Library building. The candy jar guessing game event will be an activity that you will be able to sign up for during the summer program.
- Everyone who signs a contract will receive a bag of "GOODIES” at the end of the program. All prize drawings will be on July 29, 2023. Updates can be found in the newspapers, Facebook and on our website.
Come to the library to sign up for the program or send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for more information that will be posted here on the library website or on the Garnavillo Public Library FACEBOOK page.
- July 5: No in-library program --We will be open, come in and check out books and grab a Take & Make craft packet
- July 12: "BEE YOU" presentation by Mrs. NaDyne Meyer
- July 19: "Call of the Wild" with the Osborne Naturalist Program
2023 SUMMER READING PRIZE WINNERS
- Non- Reader level: Girls: Anna Lewis and Lucy Warpinski
- Boys: Isaac Shea and Oliver Ross
- Easy Reader level: Girls: Olivia Winch and Emery Corsbie
- Boys: Carlos Nunez and Xander Warpinski
- Juvenile Reader level: Girls: Nora Coughlin and Kena Johnson
- Boys: Easton Sear and Landon Hampton
Winner of the Bonus Prize Boxes :
Avery Warpinski, Paxton Wiedner, Jayda Werger, Jonah Coughlin and Nicole Hampton
Movie Ticket winners: Londyn Porter, Zara Helmer, Sydney Berns and Dahlia Funk
Everyone that signed up for the summer program received a library sack with a book, bookmark and more. Everyone also, received in their bags a Culvers coupon chip for a one scoop dish or cone and KWIK TRIP coupon for the children meeting the reading goals.