Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Any resident of Garnavillo, Clayton and the surrounding rural area can obtain a library card. Come to the library to fill out an application or print and fill out the pdf application form and a library card and patron number will be issued to you. If you fill out the pdf application form provided please do not sign the application until you bring it to the library. A parent or guardian must sign the application form if the child is under the age of 18. The Garnavillo Public Library serves all ages from infant through adult. What are the responsibilities of the card holder? The cardholder promises to be responsible for all materials borrowed the the account, and will pay for all fines or fees on the account. If you lose your library card, you should contact the library. If your phone number or address changes, you must notify the library. You must obey all the policies, rules, and regulations of the library. Do not loan your library card to anyone else.
How can I use my library card?
- Checking out books and other materials. Most items circulate for 2 weeks. DVDs and magazines are for 1 week.
- Loan limits - Loan limits vary by type of material and by whether or not you are a new patron. New patrons have conditional status, and have a limit of 3 total items for the first 6 months. The media limits apply to all patrons: 3 videos per family or household and 5 music CDs per family or household.
- You may renew items if they are not on reserve by someone else. You may renew online through our online catalog page, by email, or phone. Our number is 563-964-2119
- Patrons may ask the library staff to reserve an item for them. Reserves may also be placed through the online catalog system. Log in with your library card number and phone number.
- You may use your library card to access and log in to online resources from our library's website: www.garnavillo.lib.ia.us