The Garnavillo Public Library
The Library is in PHASE 3 of our plan due to COVID-19.
1. How many people will be allowed in the library? Only ten people will be allowed in the library at a time, including our staff members. This is in accordance the governor’s proclamation of social distancing. The staff at the circulation desk will be monitoring the amount of people coming in the doors.
2. When will you be open? Our library will be having limited hours for a period of time. We will be open to the public on Tuesday and Friday from 10 AM - 3 PM, Wednesday 10 AM - 5 PM and Saturday 10 - Noon. At this time we will be closed on Monday and Thursdays. We have adjusted our times to give us some time to clean and disinfect at the end of the day. As stated before, we can only have ten people in the library at one time.
3. What about the items we need to return? The library is asking you to place your returns in the book drop outside or in the book drop inside in the lobby area. Please do not place them on the counter or hand them to the librarian.
4. What about computers? We will have three computers open for public use. They will be placed six feet apart in accordance with social distancing practices. The time limit on the computers will be 30 minutes. After each use we will allow time for the staff to disinfect the computer between users and then allow the next person in line to use the computer. Another new thing is that if you need to use headphones, you need to bring your own set.
5. Will curbside pickup / grab & go with a twist still be a service? Yes! We will continue this service for those who do not wish to enter the library. This service will be available during the hours listed above. Reserve your items online, email the library at or call and talk to a librarian and we will be happy to check out the items to your account and place them in the entry way for you to pick them up at an appointed time.
6. What else do I need to know? The library encourages patrons and staff to wear a mask when in the library to help protect others from getting COVID-19. We also ask that you sanitize or wash your hands before entering the main part of the library and also before leaving the library. We will have several locations in the lobby that has sanitizer available to use while at the library. We are asking that you practice social distancing while in the library building. There will be no in-person programs scheduled at this time. We will be having a summer program but it will have lots of changes this year, we do want to encourage the children to continue to read.
For further updates please check our Facebook page.
Temporary hours that started June 16 due to COVID-19:
Monday – closed, Tuesday 10 AM – 3 PM, Wednesday 10 AM – 5 PM,
Thursday – closed,Friday 10 AM – 3 PM and Saturday 10 AM – Noon.
October is National Book Month
During the National Book month the Library Book Club has decided to resume their club meetings at the library. This month the club will meet on October 21 at 1:30 PM and will be discussing the book, I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai.
The group will follow social distancing and recommend use of face masks. For those members who are not comfortable to attend in person there is an option to attend via ZOOM. Notify the director for the meeting ID and passcode.
Dry Cleaning .... pick up and drop off site.
The Library is now accepting items to be dropped off for the Decorah Cleaners to pick up. The cleaners pick up the items on Tuesdays but items can be brought in during library hours and placed in the holding location at the library. Talk to a librarian if you have any questions about this service.