GARNAVILLO PUBLIC LIBRARY
❄ Thank you for your cooperation!
Thank you for your cooperation!
- Thanksgiving EVE: Thursday, November 22 the library will be closing early. Library hours that day are 10:00 AM - Noon. Thanksgiving Day the library will be closed. The library will reopen on Friday, November 24 with regular hours 10:00 - 4:00 PM.
- The library hours for Christmas and New Years will not be affected since those holidays fall on a Monday when the library is normally closed.
Wednesday... After School Program
Check the library FACEBOOK page and newspapers for some photos.
Upcoming Events at the Library
- Monthly search and find contest: Locate the designated object for the month and enter your name for a chance to win a prize. The object is moved daily.
- Origami craft Hour with Cindy for Adult and children on Saturday, November 18 from 11:00 AM - Noon.
- Jill Stannard will be presenting the Clayton County Energy District’s (CCED) Clean Energy for Younger Library Patrons at the Garnavillo Public Library on Wednesday, November 29 at 4:30 PM. The presentation will include the significance of wise energy use, beneficial electrification, and the benefit of living in an inclusive locally-owned, clean energy-transformed community. Patrons will experience the use of energy in different ways. Using a portable solar panel they will compare solar vs traditional energy sources. We will build an understanding of energy efficiency with our hands on energy wheel, showing the amount of work/energy it takes to power an LED bulb and an incandescent bulb. We will have discussions and prizes! It will be engaging and a great learning experience for school age library patrons. I hope to see you there!
COUNTY FOOD SHELF DRIVE
The Garnavillo Public will be accepting non perishable food items, personal supplies and cleaning supplies for the Clayton County Food Shelf. If you would like to donate, just bring in your items and put them in our designated box set up for the County food shelf. The librarians will make sure that the items in the box are delivered to the food shelf. 🛒 Thank you for any support that you can give to this project.